Director of Community-Based Programming
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Community-Based Programming is responsible for the creation, implementation, and expansion of Calmer Choice programming to meet the needs of diverse populations in various settings using multiple delivery formats.
The Director of Community-Based Programming is a member of the Calmer Choice leadership team, working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, and the Program Director, and Director of School-Based Programming (Program Team).
- Represent Calmer Choice in fostering goodwill and positive relationships within the community.
- Assess community needs and potential markets for Calmer Choice programming (local, regional and national).
- Develop and implement a marketing and promotion plan to increase awareness of Calmer Choice programming;
- identify new markets and populations that would benefit from Calmer Choice programming;
- identify new settings and delivery formats for Calmer Choice programming;
- customize marketing materials to address the needs of specific populations, settings and delivery formats.
- Work with Program Team to create appropriate educational resources and teaching materials to support new programming.
- Develop and expand Calmer Choice programming to meet the needs of diverse populations in various settings using multiple delivery formats.
- Work with Program Team to develop and manage instructor orientation program and ongoing continuing education for instructional staff involved with community-based programming.
- Manage scheduling and coordination of community-based programming.
- Manage registration process and communication regarding community based programs.
- Participate with Program Team in hiring, on-going supervision, and annual performance evaluations for instructional staff involved with community-based programming.
- Report on progress at Board of Trustee meetings as requested.
- Actively participate in leadership team activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
● Advanced degree preferred (any combination of appropriate experience may be substituted)
● Pass the CORI check
● Meet current Continuing Education credit requirements for their profession
● Attendance and/or participation in related continuing education and trainings for support, inspiration, for continuing professional and personal growth.
- Advanced training in Mindful Awareness
- Well-developed personal experience with mindful awareness practice
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Well-developed public speaking skills
- Well-developed computer and technological skills
- Flexible schedule
- Reliable and punctual
- Team player
- Strong organizational skills
HOURS: Part-time to start becoming a full-time salaried position as funding support
How To Apply: If interested please send cover letter, resume and 3 references with contact information (email, phone and address) in PDF format to email@example.com with “Director of Community-Based Programming” in the subject line.
Deadline for application is no later than Aug 31st. You will be contacted within 2 weeks for an interview if selected. Please no phone calls.