Development Manager – Job Description
The Development Manager manages the fundraising program, including annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, special events and stewardship and reports to the Executive Director.
· Create and execute annual fundraising plan in support of organizational goals.
· Coordinate major gift program, including moves management process, preparation for cultivation and solicitation visits.
· Manage relationships with prospective major gift donors capable of making gifts in the range of $1,000+.
· Increase annual fund donors and revenue by implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
· Coordinate spring and fall appeal, annual report, donor newsletters, and acknowledgement letters.
· Identify, research, rate, and provide profiles on prospects using on-line databases and other sources of information.
· Research new and existing donors and prospects.
- Assist with online research of foundations and corporations.
Data & Database Management
· Manage donor database, including accurate donor record keeping, gift entry, processing, acknowledgement, reporting and reconciliation with Accounting Firm.
· Provide revenue and participation reports.
· Create queries, donor profiles, dashboards, custom reports, and mailing lists.
· Conduct extensive data analysis to make strategic and tactical recommendations around prospecting and targeting and ROI.
· Generate acknowledgements and receipting process for gifts including pledges.
· Design and implement moves management, proposal management, and prospect tracking system to record, monitor, and measure related fundraising activities.
· Responsible for contact report management including drafting, and editing contact reports for solicitor visits with donors, maintaining proposals and gift agreements in prospect and maintaining regular actions entries.
· Manage event marketing and advertisement with graphic designer to prepare all collateral material.
· Manage event logistics including working with vendors, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers.
· Solicit sponsorships and donations for event.
· Coordinate post-event thank you calls and donation acknowledgments.
- Develop peer-to-peer fundraising strategies to increase revenue for fundraising events.
· Manage event budget.
PR and Marketing
· Create monthly e-newsletters, press releases and website content.
· Assist with graphic design, e-communications, social media, and photography and video production.
· Work with Community-Based Program Director to maintain a strong presence in our community.
· Attend community events to thank and receive gifts on behalf of Calmer Choice.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator on recruiting and training volunteers.
- Schedule volunteers for special events.
- Update and revise training materials, as needed.
- Enter volunteer time into database.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (any combination of appropriate experience may be substituted).
- 3-5 years of proven nonprofit fundraising experience preferred.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other software.
- Positive, professional demeanor.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work and problem solve both collaboratively and independently with good judgment about when to seek direction.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, including public speaking.
- Well-developed writing/editing skills.
- Able to self-motivate and hold self and others accountable.
- Familiarity with grant writing.
- Well-developed personal experience and practice with mindful awareness practice preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with minimal support staff and ability to organize volunteers to deliver key results.
· Experience engaging board members and volunteers in fundraising.
- Pass the CORI check.
· Agrees to confidentiality of all documents and files managed while participating in all the above.
Hours: 40 hours per week
How To Apply:
If interested please send cover letter, resume and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be contacted within 2 weeks for an interview if selected. Desired start time to be the week of September 18th. Please no phone calls.